Skip to main content

Life in Quarantine: Personal Feelings and Relationships

It is currently day 131 of quarantine. Tbh when I googled “Days Calculator” I expected 400 something days. Then I realized that 1 year equals 365 days. Heh. The past 131 days do feel like 4 times longer. Odd times, don’t you think?   A couple of days ago, an idea sprung to mind. I asked some of my friends a series of questions about the quarantine, focusing on personal feelings and relationships. I might -caps lock on the word MIGHT- make this into a series of quarantine posts, maybe the next one we’ll talk about the future or economy or something else. We’ll see. We’ll see. Anyhow, I curated their answers and I present this to you all. I sincerely hope reading these frank answers will shed light on some of your own feelings and struggles, as they did with me.    "How are you feeling during the first few weeks of quarantine on a scale of 1-10?”   8, soalnya aku introvert dan ga gitu suka pergi-pergi jadi it's okay malah seneng bisa pulang kampung :D   10, seneng banget cuma di

To My Human Readers:

Hi.....

I'm back! After a long-ass hiatus on writing I can finally sneak some time to do it. A lot of (only 2) my friends suggest that I should write on english. Here we are, on my 'test' post. Hmm, I sound so stiff. If you have any harsh critics on my style of writing or grammatical errors, you can always press your home button. Or X button. Which ever you prefer.

To be honest, I'm not very sure that I can keep up with this so-called travel blog of mine. First, I am a full-time student and a fully-devoted daughter. Second, I don't travel very often! Maybe only twice, max, per year. So I'm thinking to transform this blog into ... lifestyle/thoughts/travel/food blog. Is that too much?

At least that way, I can practically write anything I want! I'm not considering being a blogger for money or anything, I just love to write. As cheesy as it sounds, I've always dreamed to be a writer. I actually wrote some short stories during my childhood-teenage years. Pre-adult years, not so much. Life does gets in the way...

(Wacana) Future blog posts will be written in a more organized way and there will be lots of pictures attached. This next semester will be more hectic than ever but, I'll try to be consistent. Wish me luck!

Anyway! If you are wondering what kind of new information that you'll get from reading this post, you will not be disappointed. Well, unless you count that rant above. A lot of (again, only 2) my friends said that I should be writing about my first-year experience in university. They were probably joking but it's the first thing that came to my mind when I opened my blog.

Things I Learned During 12 Months in Uni

To the newly-graduated from high school people, this is for you :)

Waktu acara SATIC 2018 (iya caption foto indo aja yah)

It's fun, at first

The freedom, the excitement, and just the different vibe were so amazing at first. You get to pick any (read: berlengan, celana panjang, dan no sandals) outfit you want, everyday! The first month-easy peasy. Second month, I'M RUNNING OUT OF CLOTHES TO WEAR.

The classes don't start as early, 7.30 AM. That sounds pretty damn good when you used to be 'forced' to study on 6.30 in the morning. Buuuuuut. My house is approximately 30 minutes away from my uni  on ungodly hours (11 PM - 6 AM). In not so ungodly hours, 45 minutes if you're lucky. Plus the extra time to find a parking spot and walking to the class, that makes around 1 hour to 1 hour and a half if you want to be slow. That means, I have to start my car at 6 AM. Not very fun. (Not that I'm whining or anything. I'm grateful for my car etc etc. Just sayin')

"Panitia" pertama

Gak bisa gambar alis. P.S tebak hayo divisi apa

Dosen ≠ Guru

Nope. Please read and remember this for your own sake. Guru are not as powerful as dosen. Dosen has their own rules that you really don't want to break. Those days when tricking teachers is a daily thing are long gone. 

I actually got pretty lucky these past 2 semesters, I haven't got any 'creepy' dosen or anything like that. They are mostly normal. Some of my friends got a killer dosen but they turned out to be fine, I think. Me, I got an A on the subject since my dosen is the absolute best. What I'm saying is, your brain does not equal your score. Your brain + dosen + friends equal your score. 


Waktu camp UKM Pengembangan Diri 
Acara pengabdian masyarakat, ngajarin anak playgroup menabung.


You are not the best, and that's ok

Here's the thing. In this world, there are winners and losers. There are over-achievers and mediocre people. There are kupu-kupu (kuliah pulang-kuliah pulang) and kura-kura (kuliah rapat-kuliah rapat). Any side that you pick is not wrong. Think of it this way, if you are a mediocre person or straight B's student, you're restoring balance in this world. If you want to be amazing in every single thing that you do, that's good too. I'm a homey person. So I feel most comfortable at home. I tried both being kupu-kupu and kura-kura. Both has its own advantages. Kupu-kupu is 'safe' for me and kura-kura is exhausting but fun. Your choice. No one has the right to tell you which one to pick and no one, including your parents, should judge you for it.

Panitia (sungguhan) yang pertama!!! 

Jadi LO-nya Inijie sm Jack Manigfico :) Preparation sebelum workshop


with Sharon Loh <3>

Grades are tumbling down? Your friends are still manage to have lotsa fun and have good grades? You're probably wrong or they just have a very photographic memory. Take a look back into your semester. Did you do your best? Too much mindless-scrolling through some pretty girl's page in instagram? Binge-watched way too many kdramas? Skipped a lot of classes? That's probably why. But if you did your best and apparently it wasn't enough for you, maybe you should review your method on studying. Don't hit yourself up. The only person you should be comparing yourself to is you. 

There's a saying that I stumbled upon while mindless-scrolling through pretty girl's instagram today (don't judge it's still holiday), "Be who God wants you to be and not who society wants you to be." It's currently written on a post-it note that I taped on my bedroom wall. Hopefully it will stay there.

Ikut seminar/talk show Geraldy Tan sama Brandon Salim

Masuk koran hahahahah. Foto di perpus pas lagi les pengantar akuntansi.

Looks get you anywhere

Let's be honest. If you were in charge of picking your teammates, who would you choose? Your friends, familiar faces, or if you don't know anyone, the most attractive. Sadly that applies to MOST recruitments in uni. I'm saying most, not all. So, to not-so-popular people including me, don't lose hope. You'll get your chance eventually. Just not at the first shot. (am not saying that good-looking people are not competent or anything) Good luck!

Makanan kesayangan daerah Siwalankerto. Warung Kuning.

Panitia kedua!!!


Ciao. Xoxo, K.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do's and Don't's Saat Jalan-Jalan ke Jogja

Akhirnya balik nulis lagi, setelah break  bentar nyelesain UAS sama liburan, hehe. Kali ini aku kumpulin info-info tentang ke Jogja, natal terakhir aku ngelencer  ke sana bareng keluarga besar. Semoga berguna! :)  Salah satu spot yang nggak backlight hari itu :) DO'S Research! Nyesel abis, pulang dari Jogja liat instagram @inijie , eh dia ke Jogja. Tau gitu kan bisa dijadiin panutan, hehe. Buat kalian yang mau ke Jogja, head over to his page (after finishing mine 😄)! Dari hotel sampai makanan ada, dan nggak satu pun yang aku coba.... Book great hotel Kita nginep di Hotel Tentrem . Super recommended! Kamar gede, kasur double 160cm, dan vibes  Jogja kentel banget. Buat welcome drink, ada macem-macem jamu. It can get very crowded here, tho. Apalagi di kolam renang, banyak banget anak kecil. Breakfastnya enak, ada es krim rasa tolak angin dan booth masakan daerah ganti menu tiap hari. Ada 'diet' areanya juga, tapi sapa yang ambil ya waktu liburan, hehe. 

Life in Quarantine: Personal Feelings and Relationships

It is currently day 131 of quarantine. Tbh when I googled “Days Calculator” I expected 400 something days. Then I realized that 1 year equals 365 days. Heh. The past 131 days do feel like 4 times longer. Odd times, don’t you think?   A couple of days ago, an idea sprung to mind. I asked some of my friends a series of questions about the quarantine, focusing on personal feelings and relationships. I might -caps lock on the word MIGHT- make this into a series of quarantine posts, maybe the next one we’ll talk about the future or economy or something else. We’ll see. We’ll see. Anyhow, I curated their answers and I present this to you all. I sincerely hope reading these frank answers will shed light on some of your own feelings and struggles, as they did with me.    "How are you feeling during the first few weeks of quarantine on a scale of 1-10?”   8, soalnya aku introvert dan ga gitu suka pergi-pergi jadi it's okay malah seneng bisa pulang kampung :D   10, seneng banget cuma di

Innsbruck: Underrated | A 2-Day Winter Itinerary

Innsbruck, also known as The City of Alps, is a small town located near the mountains. Its main charm is the pastel-colored old town with a beautiful backdrop of the alps. In fact, it is enlisted as a UNESCO Heritage Site. I was not intrigued by this town at first, as Salzburg was the reason why I came to Austria. I just googled what city should I stop by other than the infamous Hallstatt and Innsbruck popped out on my research. We arrived in Innsbruck quite late on the afternoon and immediately checked in into our apartment. It's located very strategically in the heart of old town, with The Golden Roof only a few metres away. The apartment itself is not equipped by a front desk but we assumed that the guy (I think he is the manager) in the downstairs cafe was in charge as he handled our check in and out. He was very friendly and helpful. We requested an extra key and he immediately processed our inquiry and it was finished a couple of hours later. My tip on staying here w